Purpose of the committee (vision)
The purpose of the committee (vision) is to support a profitable, viable and sustainable grain/seed/hay industry by maintaining a funding process for the effective mitigation of biosecurity risks to Western Australian growers.
Role of the committee (mission)
The Committee's role is to:
- Oversee and provide direction to the Industry Funding Scheme (IFS) and industry contributions
- Ensure the IFS is addressing the WA grain/seed/hay industry's biosecurity priorities in an effective, efficient and appropriate manner
- Work in partnership with the industry, Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPRID) and other key stakeholders.
Goals and strategies of the committee
Goal 1: The WA grain/seed/hay industry support the IFS, with at least 99% of growers participating in the Scheme
- Strategy 1.1: Undertake effective and regular industry communications to improve industry awareness and understanding of the IFS
- Strategy 1.2: Consult with the industry on the operation and effectiveness of the IFS, including the appropriateness of the pests/diseases being addressed through the IFS.
Goal 2: IFS-funded programs that achieve the documented measures of success to deliver acceptable and effective programs that meet the needs of industry
- Strategy 2.1: Undertake industry consultation on the delivery of IFS-funded programs
- Strategy 2.2: Monitor, review and evaluate the IFS-funded programs.
Goal 3: Transparent and accountable oversight of the IFS
- Strategy 3.1: Monitor, review, evaluate and report on the operation and effectiveness of the IFS, Committee and Programs.
- Strategy 3.2: Maintain, and adhere to, good governance procedures and processes including reviewing Management Committee processes.
Criteria for making decisions to invest
These criteria must be met before a decision is made to invest:
- There will be broad industry benefit
- There is an achievable outcome
- Industry are supportive
- Sound independent advice is available to assist Committee decision-making
- Contributes to a balanced investment portfolio that includes research and innovation.