My role in the department
Andrew is a Research Scientist based in Geraldton. As part of the Farming Systems Innovation team he is working on a GRDC-DPIRD research project investigating agronomic issues associated with ameliorating sandy soils.
Andrew has 25 years’ experience in the agricultural industry of Western Australia based in the northern wheatbelt. During that time he has worked in a diverse range of roles, including projects focussing on grain legumes, pasture legumes, saltland pastures, canola, economic modelling, and the development of decision support tools. He is part of the Farming Systems and Innovation group and is currently working on a research project investigating the benefits and risks of soil amelioration.
- Increasing farming system profitability and longevity of benefits following soil amelioration (DAW1901-006RTX)
- Farming Systems Innovation – Dryland Farming Systems
- BSc in Agriculture (Hons), University of Western Australia
- Graduate Certificate in Natural Resource Management Policy and Planning, University of Western Australia
- Diploma of Project Management, North Metropolitan TAFE