My role in the department
As a Research Scientist working across cereal, pulse and oilseed crop pathology, Andrea runs a regional trial program that addresses State and regional disease issues, and collaborates with universities, industry and interstate colleagues. Communication and extension of research and sustainable fungicide practices to colleagues and growers is an important aspect of her role at DPIRD and she speaks regularly with growers and industry at organised events and informally.
Andrea’s experience combines a background in barley agronomy research and farming systems extension and communication. Having first started as a development officer in DPIRD, she gained important communication and extension skills while working across the full suite of issues relevant to WA’s dryland farming systems. As a barley agronomy research officer, Andrea ran a field trial program designed to provide the WA malting industry and growers with the skills and knowledge to confidently adopt new varieties and management practices.
- Epidemiology of ramularia leaf spot in barley, Boosting Grains R&D
- Does ongoing use of flutriafol inhibit the microbial turnover of crop residues? Boosting Grains R&D
- Management of Spot-Form Net Blotch in the Low Rainfall Zone – GRDC collaboration DAW2104-001RTX
- Crop Disease Surveillance – GRDC collaboration
- BSc (Agriculture), University of Western Australia