The role of AWAC is to advise the Minister in relation to:
- animal welfare policy, legislation or legislative proposals that affect animal welfare;
- animal welfare codes of practice, standards and guidelines, including arrangements for implementation;
- community education and other programs to improve public awareness about animal welfare;
- development and implementation of standards relevant to training and competency assessment of appointment of inspectors under the Animal Welfare Act 2002;
- animal welfare research; and
- any animal welfare-related matter in relation to which the Minister seeks advice
Please see on the right hand side of this page the full Terms of Reference for the AWAC.
The Western Australian Government is committed to ensuring diversity on Government boards and committees, in accordance with the Premier’s Circular 2019/07.