Whole Farm Nutrient Mapping
Expression Of Interest - Summer 2012/13
If you are interested in having:
- Your whole farm soil tested for FREE
- Soil test results transformed into a whole farm nutrient map
- Getting access to industry experts
- A better understanding of the nutrient status of your property
Your property is located in the following:
- Within 600 mm or higher rainfall zone
- Grazing for Agricultural production
- Beef cattle
- Not sampled previously
- Over 40 Ha in size
Please complete the Expression Of Interest (EOI) listed below.
Please send completed EOI and property maps to:
120 Sth Western Hwy
Waroona WA 6220
- Comparing size in lime
- Environmental impact of nitrogen and phosphorus fertilisers in high rainfall areas
- Greener Pastures - The risk that Nitrogen & Phosphorus pose to groundwater systems on the Southern Perth Basin
- GV-Sig mapping program
- Lime for high rainfall pastures: above 800 mm average annual rainfall
- Methods of Lime storage & stabilisation
- Nitrogen fertilliser management for high rainfall pastures
- Phosphorus for high rainfall rain-fed pastures
- Potassium for high rainfall pastures
- Soil testing high rainfall pastures
- Sulfur for high rainfall pastures
- QGIS mapping program
These maps use a traffic light colouring system e.g. Green = Good, Yellow = OK and Red = Bad. Put simply you can look at any paddock on your property and see if the nutrient levels are adequate or not.
This double sided tool called the SPANA helps you use soil test information to assess the impact of a Phosphorus (P) application on clover-based pastures in the >600mm rainfall zone. Please click the link above to view a sample SPANA.
If you would like to recieve a FREE copy of the SPANA and DVD, please complete the below form and they will be posted out to you.
The Ag Department fertiliser project maps made it very easy to identify the fertiliser levels on our property. Upon Independent Agronomist recommendations, we will reduce our fertiliser applications.
The Ag Department team were very enthusiastic and reliable. Talks from well experienced Industry representatives were very relevant. We look forward to further consultation in the future.
- John & Ali Birch, Sheep producers - Coolup WA
We really like the maps as they gave an immediate and definitive visual picture of the state of our paddocks. The results were pretty well what we expected and it reinforced that we are on the right track. We will however increase our liming program and the application rates to raise our pH.
Having the nutrient results for all the paddocks, rather than just a few of the hay paddocks meant we could target the right amount and type of fertiliser to individual paddocks. The advice and fertiliser recommendations provided by the agronomist at our private consultation made this modification simple and easy to follow. It took the guess work our of the equation and should overtime not only increase productivity but improve the quality of water that reaches the Peel-Harvey Estuary.
- Ross & Colleen Archibald, Beef producers - Waroona WA
Lime WA Inc, provides you with accurate, up-to-date information about accredited suppliers of Limesand, Limestone and Dolomite who work under the Western Australian Agricultural Lime Industry Code of Practice. This enables end user to source products and information, confident in the knowledge that they are getting what they pay for.
The aim of Fertcare is to provide consistent advice to fertiliser users that will allow them to maximise productivity while minimising their impact on the environment. A list of Fertcare advisers is available on the Fertcare website.
Listed alongside are some examples of the calculators available online which will allow producers to make comparisons between lime suppliers. Information regarding suppliers who work under the Western Australian Agricultural Lime Code of Practice can be found on the Lime WA website. Here you will find the "Product Information Sheets" that contain all the information you require to utilise these calculators.
If you would like to find out more information about the soil sampling program or how to be involved please contact one of the following people.
Vasse, Dardanup & Peel - Harvey
Heidi Blackburn - Waroona DAFWA
Ph: 08 9733 7703
Bridgetown, Manjimup & Scott River
Peta Richards - Manjimup DAFWA
Ph: 08 9777 0144
David Rogers - Albany DAFWA
Ph: 08 9892 8532