Western Australia is free from many insect or animal pests, plant or animal diseases and weeds which are found elsewhere in Australia. Quarantine WA prevents their entry into the State and controls the post-border spread of existing pests, diseases and weeds.
To help you avoid a fine, Quarantine WA can advise you which items constitute a risk. Restrictions apply to a range of goods, with some being prohibited and others requiring a permit or licence.
By providing inspection services and quality assurance schemes Quarantine WA also assists Western Australian businesses wishing to export fresh produce or stockfeed interstate. Fees and charges are applicable to quarantine inspections.
Whether you are a private traveller or a commercial client, Quarantine WA welcomes you to Western Australia and thanks you for complying with interstate regulations (see also Traveller's guide to Australian interstate quarantine).
- Private travellers heading to Western Australia from interstate
- Private travellers journeying from one part of Western Australia to another part
- Western Australian residents planning an interstate journey
- Western Australian residents who receive parcels from interstate
- Commercial clients importing goods into Western Australia from interstate
- Commercial clients exporting fresh produce, stockfeed, other plant material or machinery from Western Australia interstate
- Commercial clients transporting fresh produce within Western Australia
For further enquiries please visit our contact us page for details.
- Exporting quarantine risk material from WA
- Exporting from Australia (AQIS)
- Green Snail (Helix aperta) requirements
- Hay, Straw and Chaff Exports to South Australia, New South Wales and Victoria
- Hear it on the grapevine
- Interstate certification assurance
- Travelling within Western Australia
- Keep fruit fly out of Kununurra
- One bad apple and a naughty nut
- Opened and inspected
- Quarantine Brochure Multi Lingual
- Quarantine Fees and Charges 2013/14
- Quarantine registered premises
- Quarantine WA - Plant Import Requirements
- Sniffing out trouble
- Traveller's guide to Australian interstate quarantine
- Thinking of taking plants east?
- What's lurking in your lunchbox?
- When honey's not so sweet
- Western Australia's Seed Import requirements
Page updated July 2013