Salinity Case studies
Western Australian farmer management of salinity
Case studies produced for the NDSP 'SALT' magazine
- Merredin townsite, 260 km east of Perth, WA. Merredin tackles the salinity threat. Salt Magazine Issue 6 (May 2002).
- Keith and Kerry Parnell, 'Belle Vista', Tincurrin, WA. Oil mallees - future money tree or pipe dream? Salt Magazine Issue 6 (May 2002).
- Robert and Jennifer Warburton, Kojonup, Western Australia. Salt management also wins on productivity. Salt Magazine Issue 5 (October 2001).
- Keith Camac & Co, 'Daldee', East Carnamah, WA. Bluebush provides good drought reserve and salt management. Salt Magazine Issue 5 (October 2001).
- Corrigin Shire Council, 230 km east of Perth, WA. A town of windmills looks back for answers. Salt Magazine Issue 4 (April 2001).
- Robert and Helen Nixon, Kalannie, 275 km north east of Perth WA. Groundwater pumping is proving its worth. Salt Magazine Issue 4 (April 2001).
New issues of SALT magazine can be found on the [Expired]
Other Western Australian case studies
- Low Recharge Farming Systems on the south coast of Western Australia (690KB pdf) - 27 farmer examples of recharge management
- Economic evaluation of salinity management options: courtesy of GRDC and NDSP [Expired]
- Northern Zone (243KB pdf) - Lucerne and oil mallees.
- Eastern Zone - (202KB pdf) Salt land pastures.
- Central and South Zones (268KB pdf) - Lucerne in the Great Southern, Avon, Wickepin, Meckering; and salt land pastures in the Great Southern, Avon.
- Sandplain Zone (215KB pdf) - Lucerne and saltland pastures.
Page last reviewed November 2006